Google just announced their new Analytics Academy. This will be a free course available for anyone wanting to learn and understand more about Google Analytics. If you are running your own site or plan to pursue a career in web development, you may want to enroll now.
The registration is now open and the course will begin October 8th.
What can we expect?
- An overview of today’s digital measurement landscape.
- Guidance on how to build an effective measurement plan.
- Best practices for collecting actionable data.
- Descriptions of key digital measurement concepts, terminology and analysis techniques.
- Deep-dives into Google Analytics reports with specific examples for evaluating your digital marketing performance.
During the course, we’ll be able to:
- View lessons from experts. We can watch or read lessons from digital analytics advocate Justin Cutroni at our own pace.
- Test our knowledge. We can apply what we learn from courses by completing short quizzes and practice exercises.
- Join the learning community. We can engage with other course members and experts in the forum and on Google+.
After course completion we’ll understand:
- Why analytics is important for growing your business.
- Definitions of key concepts and terminology.
- How to plan ahead to capture the insights you need.
- How to navigate common Google Analytics reports.
Unit 1 – Course overview
Unit 2 – Getting started with digital analytics
Unit 3 – Understanding and using Google Analytics data
Unit 4 – Collecting actionable data with Google Analytics
Unit 5 – Navigating Google Analytics reports
Unit 6 – Navigating Conversions reports
For more information on Google’s Analytics Academy, view the FAQs or watch the video below.
Google is most likely testing this out to see how well it unfolds. I bet we see more classes like this in the future. Keep an eye out for more courses, I for one hope to see more.